Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hallelujah Broadway!




It was a Monday night in chilly Prague. February was in full force. What are 4 unemployed TEFL Prague Worldwide graduates to do?

Go to Hallelujah Broadway of course!


The 'random fun' gods were looking kindly on us as Jessica, Nikki, Carly and I followed a random expats.cz ad to a church in Prague 1 out of pure curiosity.

The ad read,
"Do you like Broadway Musicals?" (YES) "Can you sing along to musicals like Hair, Jekyll and Hyde, RENT and many more?" (YES, YES, YES!!) "Come on down and be part of a live studio audience for a taping of a new PBS special, Hallelujah Broadway! (HELL YES)

We didn't have tickets but that didn't stop us and thanks to our new Irish friend/PBS ticket manager Anna we were part of a very lucky audience of 200 Prague-ers who saw an amazing
show live that will air around the world on PBS this year!

Program it on your DVR's folks, you will see a very excited, lip syncing Yesh in the audience. (Oh yea, I was one of the clap-along-ers). We weren't allowed to take pictures of the full orchestra, full chorus and main stage singers but here are a few shots of the church after the cameras stopped rolling. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHH SO JEALOUS I LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS!!! I can't wait to see this!!

    ReplyDelete