Friday, January 8, 2010

Dog Poop


Ajoy from Praha City Centre!

I'm taking a break from the snowy day in Prage in a cozy, kinda smells like armpit internet cafe that I have fallen in love with for a quick update. I'm not going to post any pictures because I'm still, 2 days later, wearing the same outfit. Why would Yesh, who has been known to change her clothes 2-3 times per day being wearing the same clothes you might ask? Well... my luggage is lost... still lost. Haha. Today I bucked up and bought some new clothes at H&M of all places in hopes that some fresh underwear, a new shirt and some clean socks will get me through until it arrives. I'm pretty sure they left it in Chicago. Jerks.

HIGHLIGHTS
Keeping it brief, yesterday was, well... a hassle. Flying went perfectly but the highlights of yesterday included.
* Being locked out of my apartment
* Pissing off the director of the school I'm attending
* Stepping in a steaming hot pile of dog poop
* Crying in the arms of a receptionist at a random Hotel
* Having no luggage
* Taking the metro (scary at first but SO nice and clean)
* Eating... wait for it... RAMEN NOODLES, some dry Muscli, an apple and a Pilsner Urquel tall boy for dinner. Oh yea.

ON THE POSITIVE
I'm really excited to be here and today is going very well.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you packed a good carry on bag! Now you know why I gave you that litle emergency kit!! Once when we traveled to Portugal our luggage was lost for 5 days-the worst was that there were no stores around and it took us until day 4 to travel to where there was one. That was just gross, showering and putting on dirty clothes, and the handwashed underwear never drying totally over night...And I cried like crazy and just wanted to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's a bad first day. The good news is, it can only get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific experience and terrific stories! This will all work well in your "memoir worthy" life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in the UK, I toured Scotland and then planned to take the train back to London. I waited for 3 hours for the London train, thinking it was late or something. Finally, I read the train schedule (correctly) and figured out there was no train for London on a Sunday. I frantically called hostels and none of them had any room. The 10th one I called said, yes, they had room so I got there as quickly as I could (on foot, with my big-ass bag). When I got there, they said no, they had not talked to me and no, they didn't have any room for me. By this time it was like 10 at night. I finally found another open hostel on the other side of town which would be open for another 15 min, raced over there, got put in a room with two very noisy Austrailians, slept for 6 hours and got up to get the 6am train to London. This is the stuff of memories! Hope things are going better! Love you! Katrina

    ReplyDelete